Wednesday, November 07, 2012

The Polls Closed a While Ago, but Blogger Just Now Let Me Post

I went and voted. It took me a long time, I not having a "Government Photo ID." I had to turn in something called a "provisional ballot." This chapped my ass, as my family have been voting in this country since well before this country officially existed. (paragraph) After all of the foofaraw, I read this to the election clerk, it being the last substantive sentence in the apologetic governmentally-weasel-worded piece of paper he handed me: (paragraph) "Your ballot will be counted if your signature on the Ballot Certificate matches the signature on your registration record and if you voted in the proper precint." (paragraph) I assure y'all that both of those conditions obtain, and used to be the only ones required, so why do I have to wait two days to find out if my vote gets counted? (paragraph) I had a similar problem at my bank the other day, (yes, it is the Snake) when I had to remonstrate with some callow youth of a bank person, who couldn't have been a day over thirty, about why the existence or expiration date of my driver's license should have nothing whatsoever to do with my ability to do business using my bank account. At one point, I told the kid, "Go back there and get my signature card!" (paragraph) His response? "Oh, we don't keep those around here any more." I quit at that point, afraid I might start channelling Lurch, or maybe The Hulk.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Rivrdog said...

JTG, you should have told the punk that his chip-reader would properly identify you if he had learned to operate it properly.

When he protests that he doesn't have one of those, you then say that it's not your fault that he lacks the smarts to technically identify you.

I doubt he would ever get to asking you where the chip was implanted, but if he did, you could point to your butt and say that his reader shared a lot of attributes with human lips.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home