I feel so old and feeble.
The more-drunken of the two housemates showed me his bow this evening, and let me handle it, and attempt to draw it. It is a very modern bow, with the sights, the wheels, the rangefinders, the silencers on the string, and all that. Nonetheless, I could not draw it. Then the bow's owner, who had killed a whole buncha deer and some hawgs with that bow, tried to draw it, and also failed. Sigh. This is what happens when one gets old. This is why I keep a revolver. I may no longer be strong enough to draw a bow, but am still strong enough to cock a hammer and pull a trigger. Sam Colt made us all equal.

3 Comments:
I probably couldn't draw a bow either, but I do know I can shoot both barrels on the shotgun and remain standing. So I don't feel so bad.
LeeAnn, my high-school sweety may have weighed 90 pounds, soaking wet, but she shot skeet and trap competitively with a 12-gauge shotgun. She was so good that her Dad bought her a left-handed autoloader, so that she would not be annoyed by the empty shells flying across her face.
She played a mean piccolo, too. You should have heard her rock out on the trio of "The Stars and Stripes Forever."
I lost contact with her. After getting a math degree at the University of Miami, she went off to the University of Wyoming for grad school.
Sigh! She had such really excellent hair! It was long enough for her to sit on, but she managed to braid it and stuff it up inside her shako when we wore band uniforms and attended football games.
I do wonder what became of her.
Patrick Willis White Jersey axiotakix
Drew Brees Jersey axiotakix
Arian Foster Jersey axiotakix
http://www.nikedenverbroncosshop.com
Post a Comment
<< Home